Flores is a Portuguese name, which means "flower" and ideally describes the beauty to be found here. This long island between Sumbawa and Timor is croeded with volcanoes and mountains dividing it into several distinct regions with individual languages and traditions. Predominantly Catholic and heavily influenced by the Portuguese, there are many examples of a strong European cultural heritage like easter procession held in Larantuka, and the royal regalia of the former king in Maumere.
Kelimutu is a small volcano with three summit crater lakes of different colors. The W lake, Tiwi Ata Mbupu (Lake of Old People) is blue, and Tiwu Nua Muri Kooh Tai (Lake of Young Men and Maidens) and Tiwu Ata Polo (Bewitched Lake), which share a common crater wall, have historically been green- and red-colored, respectively
How to get there : Connecting service ( one plane change ) is available from every part of the world to Denpasar, Balin on China, Cathay Pacific, Singapore, EVA, Malaysian Airlines. Merpati Nusantara Airlines fly regular from Denpasar ( Bali ) to Maumere and twice a week from Denpasar ( Bali ) to Labuan bajo ( West Flores island ). For those who prefer a little more comfort, There is cruisers offer 7 days cruising trip that included a stop a Komodo islands.
AIRCRAFT USED : There are only one type of aircraft used Fokker-27, consisting of 42-31 seats
AIRLINE COMPANY :Merpati Airlines & Pelita Airlines
FLIGHT SCHEDULE : However due to limited number of aircraft, the schedule would be subject to change without prior notice. Please contact us for more of it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please do not make any connection with International or other domestic flight.
TRIP FROM FLORES TO KOMODO OR BIMA BY BOAT
Boat Used for Komodo trip from Sape & Labuan Bajo
Boat Size : 40 feet, Power : 110hp
Capacity 8 overnight passengers
Safety equipment : life jacket, Dinghy : 1
Communication : radio
Cabin : Open bunk bed cabin (4 - left side, 4 - right side), Dining : Upper deck dinning space
Sundeck : Upper deck, Toilet : Upper deck
Kitchen : 1, Crew & skipper
4 Hours from Labuan Bajo to Komodo one way
5 - 7hours from Sape Harbour to Komodo island One way
Labuan Bajo harbour (Labuan Bajo) a few minutes from airport
Sape Harbour (Bima) 2 hours from airport
All above service will only available for those who are joining our tour program
In order to get well-organized of your Flores & komodo trip, we suggest to take one of our tour program stated below .
FLORES Sample Package Tours
- IGA - 801: Kelimutu Wondered (via Ende or Maumere) Package Tour (4 Days / 3 Nights)
- IGA - 802: Kelimutu Wondered (via Bali) Package Tour (4 Days / 3 Nights)
- IGA - 803: Central Flores Adventure ( via Bali ) Package Tour (5 days / 4 nights)
- IGA - 804: Flores - Komodo Adventure Package Tour (6 days / 5 nights)
- IGA - 805: Flores - Komodo Adventure Package Tour (7 days / 6nights)
- IGA - 806: Flores - Komodo Adventure Package Tour (8 days / 7 nights)
- IGA - 807: Komodo - Flores - Timor - Sumba Package Tour (16 days / 15 nights)
- IGA - 808: Flores - Komodo Culture & Nature Package Tour (5 days / 4 nights)
- IGA - 809: Flores - Komodo Culture & Nature Package Tour (6 days / 5 nights)
- IGA - 810: Flores - Komodo Culture & Nature Package Tour (7 days / 6 nights)
- IGA - 811: Flores - Komodo Culture & Nature Package Tour (8 days / 7 nights)
- IGA - 812: Flores Backpackers Package Tour (8 days / 7 nights)
The itineraries that you may find of interest are listed in our tour programs are merely some sample of suggested-Package Tours which can be customized to suit your own particular point of interest.
View our South Sulawesi Sample Tour Package